Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 17. 4/16/2014.

Weight: 4lbs. 9.6oz

Plan for the day: Rest, Sprint, and Grow.

Today you finished off your antibiotics.  You also got another medication this morning, a prescription caffeine booster.  Funny... I wonder if it was Starbucks?  Just kidding.

We did your first sprint together off your CPAP for three hours and you did good.  You got a little winded towards the end.  You'll do another today at midnight.

The nurses could hear a heart murmur so your Doctors took a listen and heard it this morning too.  They ordered an Echocardiogram, or "echo", which is an ultrasound of your heart.  And boy, you have such a beautiful and amazing heart!  I heard it and saw it myself!

We hope and pray it's a teeny tiny murmur that resolves itself.


How many newborns do you know have a picture of their heart?!  You're one cool and very special baby boy, Maverick!

And this one... well, this photo of you below is one of the very reasons why Daddy and I want eight more puppies just like you and your big brother Graham.  Sign me up for more lol!  I think I'm kidding again.


Sleep tight our little love bug!  Can't wait to see you again tomorrow!  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment