Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 25. 4/24/2014.

Weight: 5lbs. 1.1oz.

Plan for the day: PICC line, continue ABX and rest

Oh, Maverick!  My sweet boy!  I'm sure you woke up this morning thinking, "Man, why won't they leave me alone??"  But, today they did a procedure to put a PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) line in.  It's a form of intravenous access that can be used for a prolonged period of time.  This is so they don't have to keep poking you since your IVs don't last very long.  We'll take this as a win because they attempted this procedure twice during your first week and a half here, but your veins were too tiny or the line couldn't get through.  You did it this time, son!


Here you are, resting peacefully after your eventful morning procedure.

Last night, Mommy met Aunty Nic and Aunty Shas at a new restaurant in town called Izakaya Torae Torae.  It was yummy!  I felt very happy to be with them and needed the time with my dearest girlfriends.  It was like food for the soul.


And this evening, your Aunty Eileen came again after she finished work and brought take out from The Alley and we sat and talked and talked and talked.  I love our cafeteria dinner dates too!  We're really lucky everyone takes good care of us!


When I went back to see you, your eyes were wide open and you were so content it made my heart happy.


Then, I went to pick up your Daddy from the airport!!!  Oh, he's so excited to see you!

Oh, and look at this... before Daddy went to the airport, he took your Big brother Graham to one of his favorite places, the golf course!  When you get older, I just know we'll be spending a lot of time here! Lol.  Daddy can't wait to have both his boys on the course with him!


Good night my little love bug! Sleep tight and don't let the incubator bed bugs bite!  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment