Monday, May 19, 2014

Day 50. 5/19/2014.

Weight: 7lbs. 6.9oz.

Plan for the day: Eat, Rest, and Grow!

Good Morning, Maverick!

Aunty Al cooked us a deluxe breakfast before we all headed to the hospital to see you!


And every morning, we take an Elevator Selfie at Aunty Al's... this one is one of my faves:


When we came to see you, you were sleeping peacefully in your swing:


One last pic of Team Garcia before big brother Graham heads back home:


Your Papa and Lola love you and your brother so very very much!  It makes my heart want to explode seeing them with BOTH of their boys!


Then, we went to lunch before Papa, Lola and Graham flew back to Maui.  We went back to The Alley Restaurant at Aiea Bowl because it is that good!  We wanted to go with Papa and Lola since they had never been before!


And here's their famous and the yummiest lemon crunch cake dessert!


We met Mr. And Mrs. Lum there for lunch!


Mrs. Lum was Mommy's Business Technology Program Coordinator at UHMC - she ran the program and taught many of my favorite courses!  She's the reason Mommy was nominated and selected as co-valedictorian in college and the reason I am in an Information Technology (IT) field today.  She's the reason I got my internship at Akimeka where I've been working now for 12+ years.  She's also the reason I met your Daddy while working at the computer lab at the college and then became college sweethearts.  So it was so wonderful to see her again and catch up on life.

After lunch, we didn't say goodbyes but rather said our "See you laters" as Papa, Lola and Graham headed back to the airport with Aunty Al.  I still get that lump in my throat feeling just typing about it here.  But I just keep telling myself we are one day closer to going home for good and so we press on.

Daddy and I headed back to the hospital to be with you, our littlest love.  We had our lactation appointment in the afternoon and here's a pic of your post weight at 3578!  Your pre weight was 3527 which means you took 51 at the breast, our most to date and almost your full feeding!!!!!!  Nurse Aunty Mariko jumped and cheered and we all celebrated!  She said it made her day and she could go home on a happy note!


We celebrate everything, Maverick!  Every milestone, big and small, and every single day with you, my love!
 
Go Mav Go!  XOXO!


No comments:

Post a Comment